Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Birthdays and badminton

I'm in the office very early today, so I thought I'd fire off an entry while no one's looking. Mind you, in my new office I can type as loudly as I like and no one complains. Sean is a loud typist as well, and Craig knows some very good swear words for when his work's going badly, but we're all getting along fine. I'd forgotten how nice sharing an office can be - I no longer dread getting in to work in the mornings! It does mean I'll no longer have a store of amusing office mate stories though.

Hmmm. Hope she never reads this!

Anyway, on to other stuff. I got home from work last night to find the badminton raquets lying in the middle of the floor. Tim had put his foot down and decided we would finally go to the social badminton at Church. Hmmm. It wasn't the most competitive game we've ever played! There were two pre-teenage girls, their mum and gran, and Graeme who runs the club. Tim was by far the best player there, and he was playing very nicely rather than competitively. I don't think we'll be going back, not when we can go jiving instead and get a much better work out!

Theoretically it's my birthday today. However, I didn't feel like celebrating/opening presents at 6:30 this morning so I've decided my birthday starts when I get home from work. Some ****** vandalised our mail box when we were away on holiday, and I've since found out they must have taken the cards sent by my Aunt and Pop - one of which contained a cheque. I suppose that's what comes of living in a non-desirable part of town!

No comments: