Monday, February 28, 2005

IKEA Hell

We had another busy weekend: a wedding in Birmingham on Satruday, followed by yet more house shopping on Sunday. Seeing as we were just down the road from IKEA, we braved the hordes on Sunday and had a look round. We came away with some bookcases and a step stool, but impressively no tea lights and not much else. There are a few other, larger, items we'll eventually buy, but they wouldn't fit in the fiesta!

I have to say that I wasn't as impressed by the IKEA furniture as I have been in the past. Mind you, one is supposed to be opening in Milton Keynes soon, so I may change my mind again when it's just around the corner...

Skipping back a day, the wedding was good fun in the end. I got a bit tipsy on red wine as no one else on the top table was drinking it. When the karaoke machine came out, and the teenagers started yelling Eminem songs we decided it was time to go... but Jo looked lovely, and Darren looked suitably adoring at her all day. I think we'll next see them at our own wedding - only 9 weeks to go!

No comments: