Sunday, February 13, 2005

My parents are stars

My Mum and Dad came down on Thursday night and helped me get lots of stuff sorted in the new house - being retired, they've got nothing else to do and they seemed to enjoy it! Dad put up curtain rails in the sitting room, dining room and bedroom, while Mum cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom then made curtains for the bedroom. Meanwhile, I moved a doorknob from one room to another and drilled one hole in the bathroom ceiling, so I did some DIY as well ;-)

Unfortunately, Powerhouse managed to completely muck up delivering our white goods. I'm giving them until lunch time tomorrow to sort it out and want all the delivery charges refunded! If that doesn't happen, I'll be going round after work to stand in their shop and complain very loudly. I shall let you know if I win...

On the wedding front, we spent Saturday buying outfits. Tim's dad and brother came over, and all the men went to MK and bought suits, shirts and waistcoats. Meanwhile, Mum and I went shopping for the 'mother of the bride' outfit. She's got a lovely suit and a very funky hat to wear now...

We seem to have rather a lot to get sorted in the next few weeks - I'm starting to get stressed! I'm sure we'll get everything done, but I think I'll be spending a lot of my time at work on the phone. Hope my boss understands...

No comments: