Sunday, May 29, 2005

Back in the UK...

This is a little souvenir of my trip to Toulouse, from the Airbus canteen. Only in France do you get wine with your lunch - for 1.5 Euros a (little) bottle! The label commemorates the first flight of the A380, the supr-jumbo that was all over the news a couple of months ago. rom the office I was working in we could watch it take off every morning on it's test flights, which was pretty good for an aerodynamics geek. It's very quiet when it takes off, and looks good in the air, which can't be said for all the Airbus aircraft!

Toulouse itself was very nice, though I was homesick all the time. Usually I enjoy being away with work, but six nights away after two weeks on holiday was hard going - by the end of the week I wanted to be curling up on the sofa for a nice simple dinner, not going out to a restaurant for three courses plus wine! It's nice to be home with the husband again :-) 

No comments: