Monday, July 25, 2005

Scrabble

I think I need to remedy the situation since Elspeth cast doubts on my geek status. So I'm going to blog a game of scrabble that my dear wife and I have just played.

Ok, not really. The real reason is that I came up with possibly my best ever scrabble word. Witness it:


Elspeth wasn't too impressed, as she was winning by a good 67 points until I hit EQUITY (there, I have learnt something in my new job) with Q on a triple letter and a double word, then the magnificent EXPUNGER using all of my letters, before making it EXPUNGERS the following turn. I was quite pleased.

Elspeth did manage WEE though, which was pretty good.

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

The rule in Mosedale households is that the winner puts the game away - this is supposed to rein in their smugness. In this case it didn't dent Tim's smug factor at all.

And yes, my colleagues may be geeky but they're not actually geeky about aerodynamics - in fact, most of them would struggle to differentiate between a winglet and a wingtip fence, or flap track and drop hinge fairings...