Thursday, September 29, 2005

The nationals

Well this weekend we headed up to Harrogate for the national brass band championships - Tim spent the weekend with his band in Leeds, while I stayed with Chris ans Sian in Huddersfield. Chris and I went over to listen to the competition on the Sunday - I'll leave it up to Chris to blog his experience of the brass band sub-culture!

The day involved a fair amount of hanging round, as Hitchin played 15th out of 19 bands. Still, that gave Chris and I plenty of time for a very nice cup of tea and a sit down in Betty's. We also listened to the opposition, in the form of Slaithwaite. Tim also managed a trip to betty's, and spent most of the day hanging around waiting to play and then hanging around to find out the results. We managed time for a photo shoot, though...




And the result? I'll let Tim tell you that...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvellous. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Is that the West Yorkshire Playhouse?

Tim Mosedale said...

I've tried (and failed) to post about the weekend twice now, so I've given up.

We came 17th. Or, as I like to call it, not last, and not even second to last.

Still, I really enjoyed it :-)