Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Weekend news

All our friends seem to have gone very quiet on their blogs recently... maybe, like us, life has settled down after Christmas and there's not much to report!

We had a very nice weekend away, visiting Rachel, David and Samuel in Bristol then on to Marion in Exeter. It was good to catch up with Marion again and see her very nice flat - it's spurred us on to sort out the final odds and ends that need doing in our house! On Sunday we met up with Stuart, ben and Christine for a pub lunch and exchanged news about all our meteorology friends. I find it slightly bizarre that through my PhD there's this extended network of friends and contacts all over the world, and I'm still sort-of part of it, even though I'm no longer involved in meteorology. I haven't built up an equivalent network in aerodynamics yet, though I'm working on it!

This weekend is already starting to look rather full, though we're staying in Bedford. One of our new year's resolutions is to do more walking so we need to fit that in at some stage, along with some shopping for the house, Church and a trip to the garden centre/fish shop. I'm sure we'll tell you all about it afterwards!

No comments: