Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A bit of culture

On Monday night I went to the ballet for the first time - Moscow ballet had come to Bedford and were performing Coppelia. The music is by Delibes, and it turned out I knew some of it - must be a favourite on ClassicFM! The story was a comedy involving a pair of lovers, a magician and some dancing dolls, but it was incidental to the dancing, which was very good. It definitely didn' t put me off ballet, and I'm looking forward to going again some time - though maybe to somewhere with a bigger stage where the dancers don't keep nearly dancing into the backdrop...

We had been planning to be even more cultured with a bit of sushi before we went to the theatre, but it turns out the sushi bar is closed on Mondays! Never mind - I'm sure we'll think of another excuse to go soon...

No comments: