Friday, October 29, 2004

Home sweet home

I've just got home after two and a half days in Bremen, Germany. Travelling on business is great - if the company is paying you can afford to splash out a little! On our first night we ate in the hotel restaurant, which was rather posh - I had shark steak in a white chocolate-chilli sauce, and very nice it was too. The chef actually came out to talk to the people at the next table and he was huge - they do say never trust a skinny chef, and by that reckoning he was the most trustworthy man ever!

The meeting was fine - I won't bore you with the intricate details of aircraft rear end modelling discussions. At one point, the Spanish and German representatives started having a bit of an arguement about something - they were sitting at either side of a U-shaped table so for those of us along the other side it was rather like watching a verbal tennis match. Thankfully there was a good umpire who kept the discussion moving, and the meeting actually finished early!

I spent this afternoon visiting Airbus Bremen, who were having a greek party in their canteen - very bizarre.

Aside from that, I walked past a shop called Pfaff - if only I'd had the camera with me! Oh, and the german nick-name for Smart cars is "elephant's rollerskates" - something you always wanted to know ;-)

Whilst I've been away, Tim has bought the "Way Out" tube map - it tells you which carriage you should sit in to be next to the exit for each stop on the underground! So he can now spend ages working out the route around London, and save about 10 seconds when he gets off the tube... he's off to London tomorrow so I'm sure he'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: