Monday, November 15, 2004

More singing...

This weekend was another singing event - this time with the Nash Singers, my chamber choir. We were singing in the church in Preston Bissett, a small village just South of Buckingham and so an hour's drive from Bedford. My friend Margaret cooked dinner for me between the rehearsal and the concert, which meant I spent a lot less time driving around - although Tim dropped me off and then drove back for the concert, so he still spent a long time in the car!

I thought the music went OK in the end - I'm in two minds whether to ask them to sing at the wedding or not. I've been very spoilt singing with Philip in Reading, and I'm aware this choir aren't as good - not that I'm perfect or the best singer in it by a long way! But they are a great group of friends and I'm sure they'd love to sing for us. Tim thought they were OK at the concert, but we haven't discussed their involvement in the wedding yet... you never know, he might post and let you know!

Staying on the subject of wedding music, I've discovered that 'Serenade' by Derek Bourgeois, which Tim played to me as a brass band arrangement, has also been arranged for organ. I'd *love* to walk down the aisle to it, although it's got a very strange rhythm! All I need to do now is find an organist who's willing to play it...

No comments: