Monday, December 06, 2004

Busy weekend

Well I'm finally back, both in the country and in Bedford. Four days in Toulouse was fun but it's very nice to be home again! The workshop was hard going, and my waist line has suffered from all the gourmet food I had to eat. Speaking of which, on the Chris Taylor free lunch scale Airbus Toulouse get 10/10 - three course meal with wine, with loads of choice, followed by gallons of expresso coffee. This was just from their normal canteen as well, nothing fancy. No wonder we were allowed two hours for lunch each day...

Anyway, I got back on Thursday night in time for our works Christmas party on Friday night. Tim finally got to meet all my office mates and put names to faces. He also got to drink lots from the free bar, so he was a bit dehydrated on Saturday morning! We had a 10:00 meeting with the mortgage advisor, where we found out that the great mortgage they'd suggested last time we were in (a week ago) was no longer available. This meant we had to go through the whole process again - choosing a good mortgage, getting a decision in principle and then applying for it. I'm feeling very stressed about the whole house buying thing at the moment! Weddings are easy in comparison...

To finish our busy weekend, we then went down to Bristol to babysit Samuel, who is now 3 and a half months old. I'll try to put up a picture if we've got one - he's very cute! It was the first time Rachel and David had gone out for the evening since he was born, and thankfully Tim and I coped without having to change a nappy or ring for help. I'm looking forward to playing with him at Christmas now!

Em is coming up tomorrow to help me shop for a wedding dress. Since I've put on a stone in the last year, which I'm planning on losing again before the wedding, we need to find something which will fit me when I'm a bit smaller than I am now. This could be complicated!

No comments: