Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's all going on

Evening all. Elspeth's away in Toulouse this week, so I thought that while she was away I'd buy a house. I hope she doesn't mind. The offer has been accepted, and I've even checked how long the walk is from the house to the station (21 minutes) for my twice-daily walk. It's a bit further than where we live at the moment (13 minutes), but isn't too far. Tomorrow is my first day: hopefully it won't be too taxing. Under normal circumstances I'd be fretting about it a bit, but I'm spending too much time being concerned about my impending viva to worry about anything else.

Other things up this week: Elspeth's work christmas do on friday, so the first turkey of the season. More family visitations as we're going to Bristol to babysit Samuel, my nephew, for Rachel and David, as they're going out for the evening. Apparently he sleeps now, so that hopefully won't be too hard! The parents met up last weekend: it all went well except that we ending up paying for taking them out to dinner. Never mind, it's a small price for the amount they want to pay for the wedding :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James Done speaks to the nation:

I've just found your blog! Yes, congrats on the house - I'll look forward to seeing pictures this christmas. Trish, is that you from Vancouver? Hi, from James in Colorado. Hey, Elspth and Trish, I had lunch with Bruce Sutherland this week! He's on sabbatical touring NCAR etc