Friday, January 14, 2005

It was only a dream...

I had a rather horrible dream last night - Tim and I turned up at the hotel we were going to stay at after the wedding which turned out to be awful - it took us ages to find our room, and when we did it was basically an attic the size of a broom cupboard, with gaps between the floor boards and no furniture whatsoever. It was reached by climbing up a really narrow staircase, walking past a hospital ward and then through a dormitory crammed with bunk beds and loads of people. And there was no furniture whatsoever - Tim had to find some spare cushions to make a mattress and he scrounged a couple of sleeping bags from the dormitory.

When I went to complain to the receptionist, she was rude and unhelpful and told me that was all the accommodation they had and the fact that we'd booked a suite made no difference!

By the way, I dreamt everyone else was staying there as well - and you lot were in the dormitory/hospital ward!

I suspect I'll have more nights like this before May... actually, it has reminded me that we need to sort out the rest of our honeymoon and book the hotel.

On a completely different note, I am very proud of myself for managing to cook some chicken for Tim last night. Having been vegetarian since I was 12, I've never really tackled cooking meat so worry I won't cook it properly. He's still alive and healthy this morning, so it all went OK!

No comments: