Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New year new me

I'm back at work, with the wind howling round the building and the rain lashing at the window. We had a great new year visiting Chris ans Sian in Huddersfield, managing a very squelchy walk along part of the Pennine Way on new year's eve - I managed to walk straight into a very boggy bit of peat so my beige walking trousers changed colour to black! Lots of game playing as well - Tim and I have turned Ian into a Fluxx addict too...

I've decided it's time for some resolutions. After all, we've got lots going on in the next year so it would be good to put some improvements in place - I'll let you know how long they last! So in no particular order, here are my aims for improvement for the year ahead:

1. I'm going to try talking a bit less and listening a bit more. I know I'm a complete chatterbox, and sometimes I talk over other people, usually about myself! So a little pausing would be good.

2. I will walk/cycle to work more often, and start jive dancing again - both easy ways to increase the amount of exercise I do.

3. I will make time to write/e-mail/phone my friends more often - I'm too reliant on people contacting me!

4. I will go walking more - we spend a lot of time at the weekends lazing around, and we should be able to fit in some more walking quite easily. First task for this is to find a book of walks near to Bedford!

5. I will be sensible about what I eat without stressing about it, and work on losing half a stone then staying at that weight.

6. I will have a good think about my career, look at possible job options, but also learn some more aerodynamics so I'm more productive in my current job!

Phew. I think that's enough to be getting on with. It's good to have tome ambition, don't you think? ;-)

No comments: