Tuesday, June 14, 2005

One of the many questions of life

Why is it that the chain only ever falls off my bike when I'm wearing a cream top and have no tissues with me to clean my hands afterwards? And why didn't I notice I had my gloves in the side pocket of my rucksack until after I'd put the chain back on? These are the imponderable questions of life.

Still, at least I'm cycling to work these days. It's quite a nice route, up a fairly steep hill but mainly on cycle paths or quiet roads. The last part runs along by the fields - I nearly ran over a pheasant the other day. I've been noticing a lot recently how generally pleasant Bedford is as a place to live. It's a nice small town, so everywhere is easy to get to, there are some lovely parks and walks along by the river and the surrounding countryside is lovely - gently rolling hills and picturesque villages. OK, Bedfordshire isn't on any tourist trail and it's not great for WALKS but I think it's a pretty good place to have ended up in - for the moment at least!

No comments: