Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bizarre Badminton

As some of you know, Tim and I play badminton with a group of friends every Friday. We haven't been for a couple of weeks, as the sports hall has been closed due to private functions, but badminton was back on yesterday. We usually have about 8 people there using one court, so can swap around and play lots of different games. Yesterday we had 4 people - for two hours - and I was the only woman! We were all rather hot a tired by the end, though we did have some good games. I get frustrated as I *know* what I need to do to improve my game (run around more and cover the sides as well as the middle of the net), but I never do it!

Last night was a bit bizarre as we played to a non-stop accompaniment of Michael Bolton songs played over the sound system. The obligatory key change at the end of each song was slightly off-putting, as was the fact that I knew most of the words as I used to own 'the best of Michael Bolton' on CD. I like to think my tase in music has improved since then...!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

I've not seen much scrambled egg on sheep here since you left, James...