Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Meanwhile in the garden...

... a bird table and alpine patch have appeared. I should point out that I did this all by myself, which Tim was watching the cricket. This involved digging out half the earth from the flower bed and carrying large amounts of grit and gravel up the garden. I'm feeling quite proud of myself... Posted by Picasa


As of this evening, the vegetable patch is also planted up with lettuce, pak choi, carrots and peas. I'll let you know if anything actually germinates and makes it to the edible stage!

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

probably not, as we can't really see the bird table from the house, unless you squint from the spare room window! We'll have to buy some bird seed first anyway...

Tim Mosedale said...

What's more, this morning I checked Elpeth's, sorry, *our* vegetable patch, and there is some definite growth of little green things.

Anyone for impressions for germinating peas?