Monday, December 05, 2005

A little bit of history


A photo of the latest addition to our dining room - a little bit of Crocker family history. The plaque on the front states that this clock was 'presented to Mr. H.G. Brazier on the occasion of his retirement from the Naval Ordinance Inspection Department on 20th February 1931'. H.G. Brazier was my Nan's father - my great-grandfather.

This clock hung in the hallway of my grandparents' house and I have always remembered its beautiful chime. After my grandparents had died, my sister and I both chose something to remember them by, and this was my choice. Since then it's been sitting in my parents attic waiting for me to own a house to put it in. Mum and Dad kindly took it to a local clock restorer and we brought it back last weekend, cleaned and oiled. Finally it's hanging on a wall again - I'm glad to have such a beautiful link to my past.

No comments: