Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday update

There seems to be a football match on today, which Tim and Andy are avidly watching. Instead, I have been getting on with some sewing - My Mum gave me her old sewing machine the other day, so I've been trying it out by making a new skirt. The machine works fine, but I need to practice my hemming!

Actually, it's been good fun doing some sewing again. There's something very satisfying to me about cutting out the pattern pieces and sewing them together to make something new. It also means I can make clothes which fit me properly: short skirts in shops tend to be mid-calf on me, which is not the most flattering length.

In other news... rather excitingly, I have got a new job! After an interview a couple of weeks ago, I have been offered a job with a CFD company in London. So I've handed in my notice and start the new job in three weeks. I'll have to get used to commuting every day, but Tim and I will be able to travel into London together every morning. Won't that be lovely?

I'm looking forward to the move - I'd felt for a while it was time to move on, and this job suits my skills and will give me something different to work on every day. The commute shoudln't be too bad, but I'm sure we'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: