Monday, October 30, 2006

Let's go fly a kite


For my birthday a couple of weeks ago, Tim bought me a flexifoil kite - either he loves me and is hoping we'll spend lots of lovely days outside flying kites, or he's hoping I'll be carried away and never seen again. I'm assuming the former...

Anyway, this weekend we headed off to Brancaster to have a lovely day flying kites. I'd had a power kite lesson a couple of years ago, so it wasn't an entirely new experience, and I remembered what to do very quickly. The wind was strong enough to almost pull me along and I managed some good loops and glides along close to the beach. We took some videos which we can't put up here, so you'll just have to make do with some photos:
Our Flilckr site
(If it doesn't work, look for ElmBed on Flickr!)

The day also included a very nice picnic on the beach, and some Kubb playing (in which Tim beat me as always). All in all, very good fun and we're hoping to repeat it all soon!

No comments: