Saturday, July 02, 2005

More fish!

It's been 4 weeks since I got my first fish for the tank. There haven't been any major incidents to blog (no floaters James, thank you, and no babies yet, although one of the ladies looks a bit pregnant) so I've been quiet on that front. The platies have all grown considerably, and are very friendly. Elspeth woul say nosy, but I prefer to think they are just happy to see me. More likely they're after more food, but never mind. This evening I'm giving them their first bloodworm which I'm expecting to be rather messy.

This afternoon, on our way home from a band gig in Hitchin, we stopped off and bought some more fishies. We now have 4 corydoras catfish (corydoras trilineatus) which are settling in well I think. There seemed to be a little bit of tension between the new arrivals and the established fish, but they're getting on well now: the platies seem to be exploring moreof the tank now, and one was certainly following one of the corys around earlier on!


Here is one of the new fellas, with another one hiding behind. These are easier to photgraph as they generally sit around on the bottom of the tank and don't go in for swimming around too fast. That said, they're a lot twitchier to sudden movements outside of the tank at the moment than the platies are. Maybe this will change as they settle.


The corys and platies playing together. Or something.

You're welcome to come and marvel at the fish next time you visit us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These fish really look splendid, I hope they will come and say hello to me some day.

Tim Mosedale said...

Maybe they will. Depending entirely on who you are.