Saturday, December 17, 2005

Elspeth singing

This weekend is a weekend of singing for Elspeth, which is nice as I think she'd rather sing more than she does. Today she sang a duet with Margaret for Eileen and Alan's wedding at church. They sang 'Love Changes Everything' - maybe not my favourite piece, but it was very nice to hear Elspeth's lovely voice clearly again after many choral concerts where she's just one of a crowd. Tomorrow she has her choir christmas concert, where she will be one of said crowd. She hasn't lost her voice yet (which has sidelined her from each of the previous two years) so all should be well.

I'd just like to share with you a scene from today's wedding. We were sat at the back of one of the rooms in the church watching a (Powerpoint, no less) presentation of photos from Eileen and Alan's wedding. Sat next to us were two old ladies. Let's call them Old Lady 1 and Old Lady 2:



Old Lady 1 (sat 2 seats down from Elspeth): Do you know who that Elspeth was who did the singing?
Old Lady 2: No, I don't.

[pause]

Old Lady 1: Do you know her?
Old Lady 2: No.

[pause]

Old Lady 2: I think she comes to church, but I'm not sure.
Old Lady 1: Do you know who she is?
Old Lady 2: No, I don't think so.

[pause]

Old Lady 1: Shall we get that cup of tea?

No comments: