Monday, June 25, 2007

While tidying the house today I came across several business cards - both mine and Tim's. I've been thinking about work quite a lot recently: it's almost a year since I moved jobs and looking back it was definitely the right decision. Yes, the commuting is a pain and I'm very tired in the evenings. Yes, I've lost a lot of free time and had to give up one choir because of it. Yes, the house is never quite as tidy as I'd like, and the weeds are taking over the garden. BUT, I'm much happier now and enjoying both my day to day work and the challenges that lie ahead. I've had fun trips abroad, worked on some challenging cases and taken on more responsibility as the year has gone on. I work with a great bunch of people and have plenty of time to indulge my reading habit on the train to/from work! This job and this lifestyle suits me at the moment, and I know I'm lucky to be able to say that.

Tim's work is also going well - there have been changes in his team so the future could be different, and he's also just been promoted so there are new challenges ahead for him as well. We're both the kind of people who like working hard and want to do good work, and we're both in jobs that enable us to do that. not bad considering neither of us knew what we wanted to do after PhD's!

Next post on something non-work/study related, I promise...

1 comment:

Trish @ spiritofplace.com said...

you need more business trips to Aberdeen though - that was great!